The treatment is not suitable for people who suffer from eczema, cuts and abrasions, or who are in the first 3 month of pregnancy.
The treatment is safe for people with diabetes. The tanner reacts only with the uppermost layers of dead skin and is not absorbed into the body.
Airtan is not sunscreen. Always use sunscreen for UV protection.
According to the American Academy of Dermatology, the most effective products available are sunless or self-tanning lotions that contain DHA as the active ingredient.
DHA is colorless sugar that is derived from vegetable glycerin.
DHA reacts with the top layer of skin called the epidermis, producing an attractive golden brown tan that lasts 7 – 10 days.
It is an FDA approved nontoxic product that is safe and reliable. It means that you get a tan without the potential risks associated with exposure to UVA and UVB rays from the sun or other methods of tanning.
Maintain your tan by tanning every 3-5 days and reapplying sunless tanning solution every 7 – 10 days, depending on how your tan fades.
$25 / Series of 5 - $100
• Before applying the Airtan, make sure the area of skin is clean, free of oil or moisturizer, and dry. Exfoliation is optional.
• Shave the night before.
• Do not use deodorant or perfume prior to Airtan.
• Do not Airtan 4 days before and after waxing. Wax residue will block tanner absorption.
• After tanning application, wear loose-fitting, dark clothes that will not rub Airtan off.
• takes 5 hours for the tanning solution to process completely.
• Wait 5 hours after applying Airtan to swim, shower, wash or take part in vigorous exercise.
• The bronzer that you see immediately is the temporary bronzing color.
• When you shower after 5-12 hours the temporary color will come off but the tan will remain. The tan will continue to develop slightly over the next 24 hours and will last 7-10 days depending on hydration, exfoliation, and natural perspiration which varies from person to person.